Chronic Pain Diaries: Shoveling Snow without Pain
Shoveling snow is all too common when the winter is home to many record-breaking low temperatures across the country. This season, shovel the snow with these helpful tips in mind:
- Lift with your leg muscles, not with your back
- Take frequent breaks in order to calm your muscles down (especially if you do not exercise daily)
- Dress appropriately for the weather and make sure all skin is properly covered
- Avoid twisting your waist when pushing the snow
- Talk to your Doctor first to ensure proper safety measures are taken
- Don’t lift the snow, push it!
Please feel free to comment with extra tips for shoveling this winter!